Friday, April 17, 2009

Soft Baby Block Instructions

The blocks can say A B C D E or...



They can spell 'CADE's name...



Ok, I had left over scraps of fabric and I had to make something, so why not matching soft baby blocks.

I cut 3 inch pieces of fabric and alternated them in the layout shown in the picture:




Then, I cut out letters of the alternate fabric using templates printed on my computer and printed on cardstock. I ironed my fabric on any wonder under, steam a seam, etc and traced my pattern on the back and cut my letters out and ironed them on 4 of the blocks. I stitched an outline around each letter as I wanted the edges to rag just a bit when washed.


To make each block, just sew each seam wrong sides together, using a 1/4 inch seam allowance, leaving the last side open so you can stuff with poly-fill and the I hand stitched that seam closed. Let me know if you have any questions!






No comments:

Post a Comment